Tuesday, April 24, 2012

☆Rotary Meeting and Blazer!

I'm a little late with this post, but I thought, "Better late than never!" ^^
Sunday, April 22nd, I attended my second Rotary meeting. During that time, we discussed some important issues concerning our exchange, like what to do if we're sexually harrassed, potential dangers, and the do's and donts. We learned the "4 Ds" of Rotary:
  • No drugs
  • No driving
  • No drinking
  • No dating
Apparently, there is a "secret" 5th D, which is "don't do anything dumb"!
After we went over all the material, we were given our blazers!!!
The color is Navy Blue! It looks quite nice!
The badge... I LOVE it! I can't wait to wear my blazer out!
This Friday, I will be leaving for another Rotary orientation. This one, however, will be taking place on Galveston Island! Our estimated time of arrival is 3 PM Friday afternoon (and will be leaving Sunday morning), meaning I get to miss part of school! ^^ The Rotary students will be taken to Galveston by the Rotarian that lives closest to us. The closest one to me is the manager of the YMCA club! ^^

We'll have free passes to Moody Gardens, and I think we might see the beach, too! They have numerous events planned for us, including a Talent Show- which we HAVE to participate in! My friend Toussaint and I have no idea what we're going to do yet. I think the other exchange students are in the same boat ^^; In the e-mail I received, it said we'll be sleeping in a school and that we need to bring sleeping bags and a pillow. I'm not sure how this is all going to work out, so we'll just have to wait and see.

My mom's boyfriend gave me his old camera, which is a wonderful Canon! It's a little old, but the picture quality is perfect for my needs. But now, thanks to my little brother, my laptop doesn't work, so I'm stuck using my mom's old one :( It barely works as well.

Well, anyways, I'll definitely take photos whilst at the meeting and make a blog post about it! Thanks for reading thus far! The time grows nearer!

No comments:

Post a Comment